Law Scholarships to Study Abroad: Getting an international scholarship is a great achievement and a financial relief for Indian students to bear the overall cost of studying abroad. All over the world, different countries offer foreign scholarships to Indian students to continue their studies abroad in different parameters. Most scholarships are offered in masters and doctoral programs, but here we have introduced best law scholarships for Indian students to study abroad.
We know that the field of law is a very promising field for students who want to study abroad. Studying law abroad will strengthen the academic background of a law student and give them the opportunity to gain a broader perspective on their field. The cost of pursuing law from an International University is considerably higher. Don’t worry, here we share “Top 10 Law Scholarships to Study Abroad For Indian Students” to fulfill their dream.
Top 06 Law Scholarships to Study Abroad
The law profession is considered one of the popular choices for students. Law students can work in corporate, court or multinational organizations. There are four types of scholarships:-
- Academic Scholarships
- Identity Based Scholarships
- Needs Based Scholarships
- Athletic Scholarships
1. Felix Scholarships – UK
The Felix Scholarships enables Indian students to pursue their higher studies in any discipline including law at various universities such as Oxford University, University of London (SOAS), University of Reading. The scholarship covers 100% of the course fees including a living cost of 15,840 GBP. It also includes a return flight ticket from India to UK.Rewards are provided for the total duration of fee liability for the student’s agreed course.
- Applicants must be applying for a full-time master’s or a DPhil course at Oxford.
- Applicants must be unable to take a place at Oxford University without financial support.
- Candidates must not study a course at the same level as the course they are applying for.
2. Chevening Scholarship – UK
The Chevening Scholarship allows an Indian students to pursue their master’s program in the UK for a one year duration. The award includes full tuition fees from UK universities as well as they can get a chance to be part of the elite member of Chevening Scholarship’s scholars around the world.
- Applicants must be an Indian citizen.
- Applicants must have completed undergraduate programs which enables them to gain entry into a postgraduate program at a UK university.
- They must have at least two years of work experience.
3. Fulbright-Nehru Fellowships – USA
The Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships is a scholarship program for the Indian students who want to pursue a postgraduate degree in selected U.S Universities and Colleges in the field of International Legal Studies, Public Administration, Women’s Studies or Gender Studies amongst other subjects. The fellowships is for those who are at least three years of professional work experience.
The fellowship is applicable for about 1 to 2 years depend on the duration of the course. As per the U.S Government guidelines, anyone can receive scholarship benefits, including J-1 visa support, a round-trip for economy class air travel from the home city of the fellow to the host institution in the U.S., living and related costs, funding for tuition fees, and accident & sickness coverage.
- Applicant must have completed a US bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognized Indian university with minimum of 55% marks.
- The fellowships is for those who are at least three years of professional work experience.
- Applicants must not have any other us degree or be enrolled in a U.S. degree program.
4. Law Scholarships at University of Queensland
The University of Queensland, Australia has four scholarships for international students, two of which cover 50% of tuition fees and the other two cover 25% of tuition fees. The scholarship covers courses like Master of Laws (LLM), Master of International Commercial Law (MICLaw), or Master of International Law (MIL). It is one of the best law scholarships to study abroad for Indian students.
- Only the international students are eligible for this scholarship.
- Applicants must have applied for postgraduate study or should be enrolled at UQ to commence their postgraduate law studies.
5. Tata Trust Scholarship
The J.N. Tata Endowment scholarship is for the Indian students who want to study for Masters or PhD abroad. The scholarship amount will be given in the form of loan of a maximum amount of INR 10 lakhs. The loan is repayable within the seven years from the date of the application and is collected in five equal installments from the end of the third year of education.
- Applicants must be a Indian citizen.
- Applicants should not older than 45 years.
- They must be a graduate from a Indian university with minimum of 60% marks.
- The course that the candidate wants to be admitted to must be recognized as a graduate program. (Postgraduate in Indian Terminology)
6. Great Wall Program (LLM in China)
To be eligible for this scholarship, the applicant must apply to the National Commission for UNESCO in their home country. The scholarship program includes tuition fee, internship, registration and the basic cost for textbooks.
- Applicants should not older than 45 years.
- Applicants must have completed at least 2 years of undergraduate program.
- Applicants must be skilled in the English language.
I hope the article “Law Scholarships to Study Abroad for Indian Students” will help students to find the best law scholarship for them. Keep researching, applying and trying until you get what you want.