The Ultimate On Page SEO Checklist: Most people think that there is nothing more important to on-page SEO than putting a few keywords here and there. But, the thought process is completely wrong. Though keyword placements are important for the On-Page SEO of your blog, this is much less important than before.
If you want to succeed in the organic search result in 2022, then you have to optimize your blog according to Google’s algorithm. Search engines considered some important factors i.e.- Technical, On-Page and Off-Page SEO. Although On-Page SEO is arguably the easiest part of SEO, still we will guide you on how to optimize each of your articles.
What is On Page SEO?
On-Page SEO or On-Site SEO refers to any optimization (Keyword Placements, Heading, Internal Linking, Images, etc) that you control and include in your website or blog to improve a website’s search engine ranking and gain more organic traffic. Also, we can say On-Page SEO is a Search Engine Optimization technique that helps bots to understand your blog or website.
Why On-Page SEO is Important For Ranking?
On-Page SEO is very important for WordPress Websites or Blogs. It helps Google or other search engines to understand your site and content. Also, On-Page SEO helps google to identify whether’s your content is relevant to the searcher’s query. Thus, On-Page SEO helps search engines to understand what users are actually searching for when they type for any query.
Google is always looking for the most relevant search result for a query, that’s why On-Page SEO is an important factor in ranking. Don’t worry, through this article I will guide you on how to do on-page SEO for ranking in 2022. Follow these ultimate On Page SEO checklist below to increase your blog traffic.
What are the On-Page SEO Factors?
There are several on-page SEO factors that you have to optimize. Optimize all these factors to get a better result in search engines. We will discuss how to do On-Page SEO For Ranking in 2022, and what are the factors that we should optimize? Now, let’s take a look at those factors that you should optimize –
- Title Tags
- Meta Description
- Alt Tags
- Internal Linking
- Speed and Mobile-Friendliness
How to do On-Page SEO For Ranking?
On-Page SEO is an important factor of a website in ranking. On-page or on-site SEO is a search engine optimization technique by placing proper keywords, title, heading, meta tags, internal linking, images, etc. Now, you know what are the factors that influence your on-page SEO, you can start optimizing them.
On Page SEO Checklist
1. URL:- Your URL on any pages of your website works as an address. It also describes brief information about your website’s page content. Optimized your content’s URL for on-page SEO by putting your focus keyword instead of huge numbers. For example, if your page is about “best shoes for men”, then a good URL for that would be “www.yoursite.com/best-shoes-for-men” than using this “www.yoursite.com/20of%20a%20young%20”.
2. Title Tags:- A Title Tag describes your page or content title. also, the title tag is an HTML tag that exists in the header section of each web-page. The title tag appears on the search result page that’s why you have to write an SEO-friendly title tag, rather it can all negatively impact your SEO results. So, optimized your title tag using specific keywords, and make it easier for search engine crawlers to understand your website.
3. Meta Description:- Meta Description is a short summary of your web-page that appears on the search results page. Although the meta description doesn’t influence your on-page SEO, it helps users to understand your page. Use your main keywords in the meta description for better results.
4. Heading:-Headings are basically HTML elements made with H2/H3/H4 tags to improve the readability. Headings are basically used to identify “headings and subheadings” within your content from other types of text like paragraphs text. Though heading tags are not as important as they used to be, still the tags serve an important role in SEO. Use heading tags throughout your content to break it up and make it more readable for your users and search engines.
5. Alt Tags:- Alt tags basically provide information about your images and videos. Search engines can not see the multimedia, alt attributes help them to understand what multimedia is. Always use alt tags for your multimedia to help google and also users that can’t see or interact with your content.
6. Keyword:- Basically, keywords are ideas and topics that define what your content is about. It is the term that user searches in google, so you have to do proper keyword research to get more and more organic traffic from google. If your website new, then always use long-tail keywords for better results.
7. Content:- We have a myth that “content is the king”. Content is information that may be text, video, images, etc with a purpose for a targeted audience. Content support gives users a reason to visit your site. Optimizing your content can help search engines understand and rank your content so that people can easily find your website. How to do On-Page SEO For Ranking of your Content?
- Use your main keyword in the Headings and Paragraph text.
- Make your content attractive with helpful pictures.
- Breaking your content into short headings.
- Make sure your content uses the correct spelling and grammar.
- Make your content trustworthy and authoritative.
8. Internal Linking:- An internal link is a hyperlink from one page to another page of the same domain. Internal linking helps the crawler to explore your site, discover new pages, and understand the context of different pages. Thus, internal linking plays a huge role in on-page SEO.
9. Images:- Images are a form of multimedia that ensure users understand what is your content about. Images matter in on-page SEO as well as users. Always use a compressed file of your images rather it will slow down your page speed that can be decreased your ranking. Also, use Alt tags in your images which helps google to understand what multimedia is, and can help with rankings in Google images.
10. Speed and Mobile Friendliness:- You have to optimize your website for speed and mobile friendliness. Search engines prefer page speed for a ranking factor. So, optimize the speed of your page and make sure your website is loading fast and you can get a higher position in Google. You should use best web hosting to increase loading speed of your site.
I hope all of you like the article “The Ultimate On Page SEO Checklist: How to Optimize Each of Your Articles “? If your answer is yes then definitely share it with other people. Stay connected with our website for more knowledge and information. Thank you for reading the post.